Post-operative symptoms you may experience:
- Edema (or swelling) around the affected area, sometimes visible
- Bruising of the skin around the affected area
- Mild pain which is treated with anti-inflammatory medication
- Mild bleeding during the first 12 hours, which usually stops instantly
Recovering after a dental implant procedure is said to be easier than recovering after a tooth extraction. Usually recovery takes 4 to 7 days with local contraindications. During this time you can carry on with your work and daily activities.
- Only cold, semi-liquid foods should be consumed during the first 12 hours, to keep the affected area from bleeding or additional trauma;
- Maintain very good dental hygiene, but careful around the affected area;
- Use mouthwash during the first 36 hours, after every meal;
- Apply cold compresses during the first 12 hours after the surgery on the skin around the affected area for 10 minutes at a time;
- Antibiotic treatment according to the doctor’s indications;
- Anti-inflammatories during the first 2 days, then as needed according to the doctor’s indications;
- Medication is to be taken only after meals;
- If heavy bleeding occurs, patients are advised to contact our clinic;
- If the pain becomes severe and occurs in pulses, patients are advised to contact our clinic.